Make a joyful noise
Perform with our choir. Practice is at 9 a.m. on Sundays.
Be a greeter/usher
This is a great way to get to know members.
Behind the scenes
Join one of our several service and outreach teams.
The Randolph Presbyterian Church was started in July 1967 after a 38-year federation between the Methodist Church on Main Street and the Congregational Church at the corner of Main and Church Streets. The Methodist had begun in 1825 and the Congregationalist in 1836. Since their federation in 1929, pastors would alternate between the two churches, only a block apart. Church business was done separately.
When the time came to choose one denomination over the other, the congregation couldn’t agree. A compromise was suggested to choose a new denomination. The two congregations voted to become united as Presbyterian. Hence, the church is known as the United Presbyterian Church.
In their desire to move forward, the congregation approved building a new church and the demolition of the 83 year old brick church (formally the Congregational building) in 1970. There was discussion on whether new the church should face Church Street or Main Street. Another compromise was suggested and the new church was built at crosswise on the lot so that it faces neither Church Street or Main Street. The congregation then in 2008 decided to add to the church making it handicap assessable to all. This provided a lift, handicap bathrooms, new kitchen, additional office space, and classrooms.
Many faces, one faith.
We are a diverse group of believers – everyday people - young and old – united by our shared faith in a loving God.
Oh how easy it is to get lost! With our cell phones and iPads, our 24-hour news cycles, there’s virtually nowhere to go for a moment of peace and quiet.
That’s where UPCR comes in. We provide a holy place of respite in the tumult of life. So come, put aside the cares of the week. Join us in worship and fellowship.
RANDOLPH, NY 14772